Monday, November 24, 2008

Best Quad Core CPU for the Money (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600)


I just can’t have enough cores! My current main PC is an AMD X2 3800+ due core and while it’s still working great…. I suddenly have developed the urge to build a new PC with a quad core CPU! Do you have that feeling sometimes?
Ok, the real story is that I’ve turned the current PC into a home theater PC and now it’s sitting in the bedroom alongside a shiny new 1080p Philips 42″ LCD that I bought for the wife as her birthday present (evil smile :-)). While it’s a great setup, sometimes I just need to work at a desk and not on the bed… therefore the need for the replacement PC.
It looks like currently the best value quad core CPU is the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, priced at a relatively
affordable $289 from Newegg.

No comments:

INTEL TECHNOLOGIES